Friday, October 25, 2013

Fluzy: A Poem

I wrote this poem a few years back, but it describes my current state of health pretty closely.  For the full effect, read with a hoarse voice and stuffed-up nose.

http://newblackwoman.com/

i've decided I hate the flu – i really do!
the soreness and aching,
the temp'rature taking
which tries to make me a believer that i've only got a fever
of 99.2
but i'm pretty sure that thermometer’s a liar
'cause it feels way higher
and i think i may slowly be going insane
'cause my cough's such a pain
with its racking 
and its hacking
while all of the drugs that i take are in vain
and my head and my chest
are both tight and congest-
ed, and i'm faced with issues
like running out of tissues
('cause my drippy nose never stops)
and having to bring cough drops
everywhere i go
and my eyes getting runny
- and NO!  it’s not funny!
'cause i don't like being in pain and congested and woozy
and inconvenienced and fevered and fluzy


No comments: